Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
Welcome to all New Members!

We're getting lots of new members every month, so if you've been lurking and not sure where to join, scroll down and reply below.

Tell us a little about yourself, your Land Rover, your builds or plans, general interests, etc.

If you want to jump right in and ask a question, please click Start New Topic above.

Thanks,
Skye Nott
Webmaster

Webmaster, The Landy Registry

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts
nocoastsaint steven B
Pueblo, Colorado, USA   USA
Name is Steven, been following the page on Facebook for a while now and decided to join.

My interest in Land Rovers started with a video game when I was 13 or 14 with the Defender, and I have become more interested every since; culminating with the light restoration and re-power of a '69 IIa.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
Hi Steven, welcome!
What video game features Land Rovers??

Skye

Member Services:
justal883 Avatar
justal883 Jeff R
Melville, NY, USA   USA
1974 Land Rover Series IIB FC "The Rover"
Hi everyone,
My name's Jeff and I bought the last Land Rover that was sold in the USA in 1974. I still have that Series III and am presently getting it refurbished. In fact it's in the last stages. (at the paint shop). I've always loved that vehicle and could never let it go, hence that's why I still have it after all these years. When it's done, I hope to have it looking the way it did when I drove it out of the showroom. I'm happy to be in group of fellow enthusiates.

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
Hi Jeff, welcome! Post some photos in the forum or registry when it's done, would love to see it.

Skye

Member Services:
maddmick mick madd
brunswick junction, wa, Australia   AUS
gday guys , my names mick and we live in Brunswick western Australia
dare I say it but im a ford man at heart !!!, tho my fathers into old landys and I guess its rubbed off on me a little .
he/we have a 51, 55 and 77 with a 265 hemi in it, now that's a fun one !!!
the 77 and the 55 are complete and both run well , tho the 51 is in lots of pieces.
my father also just picked up a cab over land rover truck type of thing a while back ,
ill get some pics soon . mick

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Old Dave David P
Vandalia, Ohio, USA   USA
Hi,

I just bought my first Landy a few months ago. It's a 68 2a. 59,000 miles. It runs and drives, but I'm making some upgrades to it.

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
Hi David & Mick, welcome to the forums!

Please add some photos of your Land Rover to the Registry when you have a minute...

http://www.landyreg.com/registry/

Feel free to start a new topic about some of the upgrades you have planned.

Skye

Member Services:
Harold The Barrell Avatar
Harold The Barrell David Kent
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia   AUS
Hello ,

I'm David from Tasmania , Australia.

I'm messing about with / teaching myself - all about the Diesel series 3 - getting bits and pieces etc as and when to try and bring the thing back to life (hopefully).

Hoping to learn from you guys.

every good wish,

David.

Correus Avatar
Correus Larry Simpson
Belle Plaine, Kansas, USA   USA
1963 Land Rover Series IIA "Grover"
Hello from Kansas!

My name is Larry and I'm currently in the middle of a chassis off refurbishment of my '63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named "Grover". The intent is to keep Grover as original as possible and only refurbish a few items for comfort and safety. I've already installed parabolics and will be updating the wiring but have ordered it so it looks like the original harness and getting new seats. Those will be the biggest changes other than replacing bad nuts-n-bolts and other day-to-day parts they typically get changed/replaced.

Cheers!
Larry
Kansas, USA

'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the Land Rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.

Attachments:
G1.jpg    63.6 KB
G1.jpg

bsa-m21 Avatar
bsa-m21 Martin Rothman
Surrey, BC, Canada   CAN
1952 Land Rover Series I "Runcle"
1980 Triumph TR7 Drophead "TR7V8 Trouble!"
Name is Martin.

Been driving old British iron for as long as I can remember. Mostly motorcycles, Norton, BSA, AJS, Triumph, Enfield, Greeves and many more over the years. Had a 66 MGB back in the mid 70's. To determine road conditions, you just looked between your legs. Bought a new TR7 in 1980. Hoo baby. What a chick magnet. That was until a yellow camaro ran a red light and put the pass door into the middle of the car. Always wanted another one and finally got a TR7 beater back in 2004. Ten years later and its now a V8 and all prettied up.

Back in the early 90's I spent time in Africa doing some foreign aid work and fell in love with LandRovers. Back home a few years later
I found a '52 Series one 80", now named Runcle (Run-sil). She is a 2 owner vehicle. Imported by Plimley Automobile Co., Ltd., Vancouver, B.C., Canada in the fall of 1952 and sold to a small orchard enterprise in Penticton, B.C. It was first registered in the spring of 1953 and worked in the orchards every year until 1973, when, in very sad shape, it was parked under a tree behind the orchard farm house. By 1996 when I found her, she was barely showing underneath the now huge tree and 23 years of piled up farm debris.

Purchased for a nominal fee ($100!!), she was dragged out, towed home, parked and some oil poured down the cylinders. The next spring, after several hours work, the engine started. Thus, begun a frame up “refurb”. Every nut & bolt was replaced, the drive train and steering rebuilt, and numerous farm appliance mounting holes welded up. The body was a falling apart mess and was repaired with one thought in mind, “She earned the dents, she can keep them.” No bondo in this baby. The engine ran fine for a while, but was finally rebuilt in 2000.

This Land-Rover is used almost daily, driven off road regularly and performs flawlessly - well almost anyways. She is British after all. Off-road she often out performs many much newer vehicles, including pulling the occasional Unimog out of the mud. A bit scary on today’s highways and traffic conditions, though…….

She has over 40,000 miles on her since I found her. And seeing as she is the same age as me, if she can keep going (with a bit of work now and then), so can I. !!

Pics in the registry section.

Martin

Submariner Wayne Harper
Eagle Point, Oregon, USA   USA
Hello

Been a jeep driver for years and I just sold my rubicon and I am looking for something a little older and slower. and something that is not seen on the road every day.

I have located a 65 series 2 swb with a gas engine. just looking for some info on it on whether to start here or not.

I just retired and looking for something to tinker on.

Submariner,
20 years on Submarines, and you wonder why I am the way I am, heeheee haha hoho.....

Harold The Barrell Avatar
Harold The Barrell David Kent
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia   AUS
Mate , it'll certainly be slow!

When you say Gas - is that LPG?

Would like to see some pics.

good luck,

HTB

justal883 Avatar
justal883 Jeff R
Melville, NY, USA   USA
1974 Land Rover Series IIB FC "The Rover"
This is a great vehicle to tinker on. You can get most of the parts you need via catalog. The Rover's not going to be fast, 50 mph at best, but you can get an extra 5 miles or more if you put in a Faery Overdrive unit. Good luck. A Jeep will never compare to a Land Rover.

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
Part of the charm is being forced to slow down and enjoy getting there, but overdrive is definitely welcome on any classic vehicle. Hard to completely avoid highways in this modern era!

Skye

Member Services:

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Land Rovers

1979 Land Rover Series III

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links