AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

offshoretitan Avatar
offshoretitan Scott Edwards
Nashville, Tennessee, USA   USA
I see this part number listed on Dare Brittanica's site

http://www.darebritannia.com/parts-list.html

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
smays Avatar
smays Steve Mays
Jefferson City, Missouri, USA   USA
In a couple of months I will be the proud owner of a 1979 Series III. It's being restored by Lucra Cars in San Diego. I've never driven a Land Rover. I've never seen a Land Rover (if we're not counting safari movies). I've always driven sensible cars, mostly Toyotas. A got a little crazy 5 years ago and bought a MINI. But cars were always just a way to get from A to B. Until this spring when I was overcome by lust for a D90. I connected with a LR expert in the Bay Area who suggested I consider a Series truck and found one well along on a frame-off restoration. I'll post a photo when it's a bit further along.

This truck won't sit in a climate controlled garage. I plan to drive it every day. I'm retired and don't have to take many long trips. If I need to, I'll rent something. I'm thinking of this as My Last Ride and I'm giddy with excitement. I have hundreds of questions but I'll wait till find my way around here before carpet bombing the forum.

Steve

justal883 Avatar
justal883 Jeff R
Melville, NY, USA   USA
1974 Land Rover Series IIB FC "The Rover"
Hi Steve,
Welcome to the Land Rover Series club. As a proud owner of a 1974 Series 3, bought new, I'll give you a couple tips to prepare for. For one, don't expect to get anywhere in a hurry. Even with a Faery overdrive you won't get more than 60mph out of her. The good thing is, you won't be getting any speeding tickets. The next thing is that it is prudent to always carry a tool kit and the Land Rover repair guide. Other than that, have a great time with your Rover.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
smays Avatar
smays Steve Mays
Jefferson City, Missouri, USA   USA
Thanks for the tip, Jeff. Yes, I'm prepared for slow (and loud). Or as prepared as one can be without actually driving a Land Rover. I'm retired and really don't have to be anywhere at a certain time so I think I can adjust. Going from a zippy MINI to a Series truck should be interesting. I'll keep tools with me but have not mechanical skills so not sure how much good they'll do me. But who knows, I may learn some along the way.

I think I've found a local mechanic that can handle routine maintenance. Can't wait for he adventure to begin.

steve

perz34 James Hillstrand
Hinesville, GA, USA   USA
Howdy! James here and one of my buddy visit our shop saying he asks me to check out this Landrover from his grandfather. Thought to check out some community about these Land rovers.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Land Rovers

1971 Land Rover Series IIA

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links