LandyReg

Series Land Rover Forum

Sarting to rebuild the series

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

ray96disco Ray R
San Antonio, TX, USA   USA
With help from Hill Country British in San Antonio, I'm starting a rebuild of my old 109" NADA station wagon. I've collected a rebuilt 3.9 and automatic transmission from a '94 Range Rover. I recently purchase the remains of a Stage One that burned up to the bulkhead, which will donate axles, manifolds, y-pipe, radiator and various sundry items.

I still need an LT230 transfer case with a 1.1 or 1.222:1 ratio and would appreciate leads. More posts to come.

1996 Discovery SE7 - R.I.P.
1993 Range Rover County LWB - 270k miles and counting
1967 Series IIA - Prophetically speaking, the Phoenix shall rise up from the ashes and be known as Hobbes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-17 04:07 PM by ray96disco.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
'94 RRC 3.9 V8 Donor.jpg    60.8 KB
'94 RRC 3.9 V8 Donor.jpg

'67 SIIA Arrives at HCB.JPG    64.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
ray96disco Ray R
I found an LT230 from a 2004 Disco II with the cable shifter setup, the e-brake assembly as well as a cable shifter for the transmission. This should keep the shifters on the floor and allow for the continued use of the middle seat. We're moving forward. Another project ahead of mine in the shop is getting close to finishing, which should put Tortuga in line for a massage...

1967 Series IIA - Prophetically speaking, the Phoenix shall rise up from the ashes and be known as Hobbes

ray96disco Ray R
Getting moved into line to begin the disassembly. Get back to you with more details!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_8468.JPG    76.7 KB
IMG_8468.JPG

IMG_8469.JPG    59.4 KB
offshoretitan Avatar
offshoretitan Scott Edwards
Nashville, Tennessee, USA   USA
Thanks for posting. I'm looking forward to watching this vehicle's transformation!

ray96disco Ray R
I'm questioning what to do with the steering relay. It sits in the front crossmember but I think I need more radiator for the V8 than the resultant space allows. The Stage 1's relay is on the inside of the left hand frame rail and, if I use it, I have an issue with the length of the pitman arm, which brings me to another dilemma; would I be happier with power steering? I think the answer is yes but I don't want to use a Defender, RRC, Discovery or 110 steering column.

I have a 1959 banjo spoke wheel with a rebuilt box and don't want to destroy the column but sure would love to use the wheel. I understand the offset series wheels coupled with a defender column would push the steering wheel practically into my chest. So, now I'm scratching my head hoping for a eureka moment. I'll keep you posted.

ray96disco Ray R
Test fit is good. Engine, trans and t-case mounts welded and in place. wiring loom and lots of parts on order.

No solutions for the on steering and radiator, yet. Get back to you with more details.

Attachments:
IMG_8525.JPG    62.4 KB
IMG_8525.JPG

IMG_8526.JPG    53 KB
IMG_8528.JPG    45 KB
ray96disco Ray R
Wiring harness just showed up. More parts from across the pond on the way. Still waiting on a tracking number.

Attachments:
Wiring Harness.jpg    54.2 KB
Wiring Harness.jpg

ray96disco Ray R
I've been busy with a mean work schedule and nothing's happened since the earlier posts but I expect to be moving forward again in about three weeks. After a month of U.S. Customs trickling parts out to me, I think it all arrived. The attached picture is of the crew doing the heavy lifting, Brett, Terry and Josh. Get back to you with more details.

Attachments:
IMG_8522.JPG    41.1 KB
IMG_8522.JPG

perz34 James Hillstrand
Hinesville, GA, USA   USA
Way to go for this nice project! Enjoy

ray96disco Ray R
Finally getting back to work! Axles are getting swapped today.

Anyone need a 109" Stage 1 with 3.5L V-8, LT95 transmission with frame needing one small patch?

Attachments:
IMG_0750.JPG    54.3 KB
IMG_0750.JPG

IMG_0757.JPG    52.9 KB
IMG_0752.JPG    43.8 KB
IMG_0748.JPG    43.1 KB
offshoretitan Avatar
Any more progress Ray?

ray96disco Ray R
Not enough to measure. The shop doing the work has been slammed and I've been shunted to the side. The shop owner has installed the fuel tank and the replacement of the wiring loom is next.

offshoretitan Avatar
Progress always seems to come much more slowly than we wish... hang in there and persevere.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Land Rovers

2000 Land Rover Discovery

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links