LandyReg

Series Land Rover Forum

new member here, with sooo.. many questions.

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

76SFIRE Avatar
76SFIRE JASON HOBBS
St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada   CAN
Hey everyone,
I'm a new member to this forum.I have a 1965 series 2a. 88''
Although my rover is mobile,I've been grappling with a few things with the restoration.
Most recently, the wiring. My rover was modified with a v8 engine at some point,which I removed, and sourced an original 2.25.
Any part of the original wiring harness has been removed and patched over the years with an unrecognizable mess.
I have some experience with lucas wiring harnesses ,having a spitfire.
I've been considering using a mg midget or spitfire harness (considering they are much easier to find) on the land rover.
Has anyone tried an alternative wiring harness on there rigs? Besides an aftermarket EZ wiring type system.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20170619_080239.jpg    40.7 KB
20170619_080239.jpg

offshoretitan Avatar
offshoretitan Scott Edwards
Nashville, TN, USA   USA
Jason,

I, too, have a 1965 Series IIa 88". Great vehicle - you're in for some fun ahead. I would strongly encourage you to simply buy a new, Land Rover specification, wiring harness for your vehicle. They are readily available, for example here: http://www.britishwiring.com/Land-Rover-Series-2A-Main-Wiring-Harness-p/lr202pp.htm

Many other sources are out there also. Good luck with your Series!

Best regards,
Scott Edwards

76SFIRE Avatar
76SFIRE JASON HOBBS
Thanks Scott,
Looks like I'll have to bit the bullet,and order a new one.
I just happened to have a complete spitfire harness. My 2a is in
storage until may anyway.Winters are rough here. Even for Land rover.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ray96disco Ray R
San Antonio, TX, USA   USA
My Series IIa is getting a new British Wiring harness installed as we speak. Several people recommended it for the ease of installation (if that's possible) and proper length, etc. I really wanted to use the cloth wrapped wiring but went with the suggestion of doing the plastic wrap due to the splicing involved with the V-8 engine swap.

1996 Discovery SE7 - R.I.P.
1993 Range Rover County LWB - 275k miles and counting
1967 Series IIA - Prophetically speaking, the Phoenix shall rise up from the ashes and be known as Hobbes

76SFIRE Avatar
76SFIRE JASON HOBBS
Hey Ray,
Did the re-wire job work out o.k.
what type of v8 motor did you use on the conversion? I bought mine with a chev v8 installed.

ray96disco Ray R
San Antonio, TX, USA   USA
In reply to # 606 by 76SFIRE Hey Ray,
Did the re-wire job work out o.k.
what type of v8 motor did you use on the conversion? I bought mine with a chev v8 installed.

We're still working on the wiring, waiting for some SpeedHut gauges. They should be here in a month or so.

1996 Discovery SE7 - R.I.P.
1993 Range Rover County LWB - 275k miles and counting
1967 Series IIA - Prophetically speaking, the Phoenix shall rise up from the ashes and be known as Hobbes

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Land Rovers

1981 Land Rover Series III

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links